BAFTA - Equity - The Spotlight - Raindance - WFTV
Magda is a versatile actress with experience both on stage and screen, having been cast in a wide range of lead and supporting roles from drama through to comedy. Having dual English and Spanish nationality, she is fluently bilingual and has a great ear for several European and Latin American accents. She’s also a voice over artist for documentaries, animation, motion picture, commercials and corporate recordings.
She spent her early years in the Canary Islands and since childhood felt a strong call for the arts. In her teens she became involved with painting, poetry, acting, dancing and singing. She moved to the UK and after attaining a BA (Hon) Modern Languages degree in Lancashire she followed education within the Performing Arts in London, where she relocated to train and become a professional actress.
Magda was selected for The Actors Cut with Denis Lawson and Tom Conti by Equity, Skillset, Panavision and the Scottish Actor's Studio. She was also invited for Film Lab at the Actors Centre and Berlinale Talent Campus by Skillset and The UK Film Council.
- Meisner intro at the Actors Temple, London
- Theatre with Fernando Piernas at Galpon Pelado, Madrid
- Master Classes at the Theatre Royal Haymarket, London
- Stanislavski Technique at the Method Studio with Andy Lucas, Mariana Hill and Giles Foreman (Stella Adler, Strasberg’s N.Y. Actors Studio & The Russian Academy)
- Theatre Certificate at Webber Douglas Academy
- Sound and Movement with Irene Bradshaw at The City Lit
- Voice tuition with Alix Longman (founder of Voice Confidence), Val Colgan (head of Drama at The City Lit) & Stuart Pearce (Master of Sound at The Globe)
- Screen Acting with the Actors Cut II & III (Denis Lawson, Tom Conti and Scottish Actors Studio) and Alchemy of Screen Acting with Andrew Higgs
- Face The Space with Diana Laurie and on going workshops at The Actor’s Centre in acting, sight reading and camera work
- Advanced Performance Development with Diana Laurie Personal Coaching
- Stage and Screen Combat Certificate with The British Academy of S.S.C.
- Combat with Young Blood, Nights School and The Globe
Credits include many shorts and independent feature films, some of which have gone to International festivals such as Cannes and Berlin. Also fringe/west end productions, touring, musicals and corporate shoots a long with presenting, interviewing, radio hosting, various TV projects and for organisations such as the U.N., British Society of Cinematographers, Warner Bros, R.S.A. and The Hollywood Film Institute.
Roles cover a variety of character work from strong/seductive femme fatales, creatures of the dark, mad junkies, action women, suicidal alcoholics, cold murderers, vampires, witches and bitchy detectives to submissive housewives, innocent spinsters, nuns, dumb secretaries, angels, princesses and even King Arthur himself… from pure trash to royalty.
Magda: “I truly love character work within the magic of the stage or screen… and find that transformation given through a character’s journey is even more satisfying and exciting”
(Interview.- BBC radio)
Theatre credits include touring King Arthur, playing Sister Grace in It’s Hardly Everest at the Leitonstone Fringe Festival, Lorca’s Yerma (then taken into film), singing as the lead in The Tour at the London Palladium with a 1500 audience standing ovation, showcasing Angels In America and Beyond Therapy with the International Actors Company at RADA and portraying the role of Mother in Nabokov’s Invitation to a Beheading for what she received an outstanding reviews.
Film credits include co-staring with Dexter Fletcher as Mrs Belial in Coven, Vinnie Jones as Ruth in The Riddle and Nick Moran as Andrea in You’re In There. Further projects have received awards like Sit In Silence for the Sci-fi 48 Hour Challenge, Salsa Guy for Audience Cinema and The Winter Sun Is A Lie for International Digital Cinema in India.
“Acting is the most clear choice I’ve ever made in my life and one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. The drive is unquestionable, like survival. I love what I do and working hard without taking anything for granted in life. I thank my lucky stars and count my blessings every day to be able to say that this is my profession”